Wynonna husband walks again

Wynonna husband walks again
Wynonna husband walks again, Michael Scott "Cactus" Moser is up and at 'em again, following the August motorcycle accident that took one of his legs – and nearly his life.

"After eight months of waiting, he walked towards me for the first time two days ago," Moser's wife, Wynonna, 48, told PEOPLE backstage at Dancing with the Stars on Monday, adding that fellow contestant Lisa Vanderpump was one of the first people to walk with him. "It's been an emotional ride for me this week."

Of Moser's prosthetic leg, the country star said, "It freaked me out because I've seen him in a wheelchair and using a walker, and he just walked towards me and I was like, 'Wow.' I was so stunned. I saw the wreck, I saw him lose the leg."

Wynonna has nothing but praise for the fellow musician.

"He's so positive," she said. "I call him Mr. Happy-Go-Lucky. It's really irritating, because sometimes I just want to complain or act tired about dancing, and he'll say, 'But you're moving and you're looking so great.' I'm like, 'Go talk to Tony. You guys are so alike.' "

Although on Monday the judges panned her and partner Tony Dovolani's prom-themed samba that put them in last place for the night, Wynonna still feels positive.

"I look out in the audience and I see all this love," she said. "I feel so grateful tonight. I'll go home with that in mind."