William Shatner blasts "Star Wars"

William Shatner blasts "Star Wars", William Shatner has taken his war of words with former STAR TREK castmate GEORGE TAKEI into cyberspace, by insisting the newlywed is "sad" and "sick" for not inviting CAPTAIN KIRK to his recent same-sex marriage ceremony. Takei, who blasted Shatner for his vanity on the set of the cult sci-fi series in his memoirs, made a point of not inviting the actor to his nuptials when he exchanged vows with partner Brad Altman at the Democracy Forum of the Japanese American National Museum in Los Angeles on September 14. 

And the "Boston Legal" star is still bitter about the snub. In a new video, posted on website YouTube.com, Shatner says, "The whole thing makes me feel badly. The poor man, there's such a sickness there. It's so patently obvious that there's a psychosis there. I don't know what his original thing about me was; I have no idea. I didn't read his book that was printed many years ago but apparently I didn't let somebody have a close-up."

But Shatner insists there must be more to it than that, "I literally don't know him. I didn't know him very well on the series; he'd come in for a day or two... but he's continued to speak badly about me for all these years. You'd think there would be an epiphany at some point where George might have said, 'Poor Bill Shatner, he is such a lonely, desperate, unhappy man that he did all these terrible things to me...' when I said hello or something... but instead what he does is he makes this big deal about not inviting me to his wedding. There must be something else inside George that is festering, and makes him so unhappy that he takes it out on me, in effect a total stranger.

"It's sad the man can't find enough peace in his life to either be positive and say 'I forgive him for whatever those hurts were,' or to shut up about it... I feel nothing but pity for him."

And Shatner urges his former castmate to reconsider his bitterness towards him, "He and I don't have many years left on this world."